Re: [xsl] Locating an attribute and its value indirectly

Subject: Re: [xsl] Locating an attribute and its value indirectly
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:32:25 +0000
On 07/11/2011 17:15, Wendell Piez wrote:
Hi,

On 11/4/2011 9:27 PM, G. Ken Holman wrote:
The current() function returns that node that was current at the
beginning of the evaluation of the XPath expression.

I'm sure Ken won't mind if I add a little color commentary. It may help to keep in mind that the "context node" is an XPath concept, while the "current node" is an XSLT concept.

That's the way the 1.0 specifications described it. In 2.0 both specs speak of the context item, and the current() function, rather inelegantly, is defined as returning "the item that was the context item at the point where the [XPath] expression was invoked from the XSLT stylesheet. "

Michael Kay
Saxonica