Re: [xsl] watermarking PDF

Subject: Re: [xsl] watermarking PDF
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:46:18 -0500
Hi,

On 11/29/2011 7:41 PM, Geert Bormans wrote:
What would be the best way to add a watermark to a PDF using xsl:fo?
Something like "Confidential" accross the page

I assume I need to make an image and use a background-image
How can I make that almost fill the page (given I also have header and
footer)

Would that work for both FOP and AntennaHouse?
Would .jpg be the best image format

If it were me, I'd background only the body-region (as Ken says, much easier), and use an SVG image.

The SVG would be tiny, most processors support SVG images (including both FOP and AH), and making an SVG saying "Confidential" in big letters running diagonally, say, would be fairly trivial, with plenty of variations possible (colors, opacity, outlining). Also, it could be managed inline as a literal in your XSLT, if you like, saving you the overhead of creating and managing a separate file.

Cheers,
Wendell