Re: [xsl] Dita OT changing page size for a single image

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dita OT changing page size for a single image
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:32:47 -0500
At 2011-12-14 18:13 +0100, Geert Bormans wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone out there with some experience using Dita Open Toolkit for PDF.
I have to change some stuff others did based on the "idiom technologies" customisation
(code seems messy at first sight)

I need to break out of the body-sequence master reference (A4 or folio) for A3 images

the map has topics in parts directly and in chapters in parts
part/topic and part/chapter/topic

the page sequence is started on the part level, the images are in topics,
so I might need to break in the middle of a chapter

Does anyone have a view on how to elegantly break this.
Grouping would mean pulling in all the chapter logic as well.
That is how I would tackle this, but given the code base that would be a risky job

Or is there a XSL:FO magic wand that can overrule the page size for a brief moment (keeping all the other page master settings).
That would be the killer app in this case

If you can pass the output XSL-FO through a second process before sending it to the XSL-FO engine, you could consider using the PSMI semantic that I published years ago:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#psmi

Though the exemplar used is a table needing new page geometry, it work just as well with an image needing new page geometry.

I hope this helps.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx