Re: [xsl] Testing for parent node

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing for parent node
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:51:53 +0100
Vincenzo Menanno wrote:

This answer was perfect when the node I was fixed on was Calculation.

The proper XSLT/XPath terminology is "the context node is a 'Calculation' element".

<xsl:when test="parent::Field">53</xsl:when>

But going one level deeper and fixing myself on the Chunk nodes I can't seem to find a way to determine if it is within a Field, AutoEnter or Validation node.

Here are the things I tried so far

<xsl:when test="../parent::Field">53</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="ancestor::Field">53</xsl:when>

Any ideas here.

That looks fine as far as I can tell from that snippet, you will need to show us more details (minimal input, template and desired output and current output) to allow us to understand what goes wrong.

On the other hand you might want to consider whether you can't simply handle the distinction with template match patterns.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/