[xsl] including an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet in a XSLT 2.0 one

Subject: [xsl] including an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet in a XSLT 2.0 one
From: TW <zupftom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:03:04 +0100
I just tried importing a preexisting XSLT 1.0 stylesheet in a XSLT 2.0
one, and it works with Saxon.  Are there any caveats I should know
about in general (not just with Saxon)?  I'm wondering whether it
makes sense to develop part of my stylesheets in 1.0 to leave the door
open for using them both client and server side.  For some tasks, 1.0
isn't a decently feasible choice, but there are templates that are
shared by multiple stylesheets using <xsl:import>.  If those shared
templates were 1.0, could they be imported by both 1.0 and 2.0
stylesheets?

I suspect that Saxon treats stylesheets that have the version
attribute set to 1.0 and are imported into 2.0 stylesheets as if they
actually were 2.0 stylesheets.  Is that right?

Thanks
Thomas W.