Re: [xsl] [XSLFO] empty flow on even page

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLFO] empty flow on even page
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:15:42 +0100
Hi Tony,

This sounds logical and clean, but it is one of the things I tried.

I am using FOP 1.0 and it seems to respond badly to having multiple fo:flow into one page-sequence
and it breaks on not having a flow with the name referenced in the page master.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Flow "flow-odd" does not map to the region-body in page-master "PLH-Par". FOP presently does not support this. (See position 15:52)

Other suggestions?

cheers

Geert

At 11:11 13/01/2012, Tony Graham wrote:
On Fri, January 13, 2012 9:23 am, Geert Bormans wrote:
> What I can't seem to be able to do however is provide an "empty" body flow
>
> Anyone an idea on how I can force the flow to be empty on the even
> page, in order for me to have the table only on the odd page?
> I have been playing with large margins but I always get at least some
> part of the table on the wrong place

You do have to have at least one fo:region-body in the
fo:simple-page-master [1], but you can give the fo:region-body on the even
page a different "region-name" [2] to that of the fo:region-body in the
fo:simple-page-master for the odd page.

When your only fo:flow has a "flow-name" [3] corresponding to the
"flow-name" of the fo:region-body on the odd pages, your table will go
into the odd pages and not onto the even pages.

Regards,

Tony Graham tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx Consultant http://www.mentea.net Mentea 13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_simple-page-master
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#region-name
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#flow-name