Re: [xsl] XHTML DTD aware transformation and indentation behaviour

Subject: Re: [xsl] XHTML DTD aware transformation and indentation behaviour
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:11:06 +0000
Just one more question about the output :
A <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /> element is added to the <head> element, this is the only residual unindented element in the file. I'm not sure why saxon add this ? It doesn't seems to depend on the xsl:output settings : even when xsl:output is absent I get the <meta> added, with no attribute @encoding="UTF-8" on the xsl:output I also get the meta....

This line is added by the XHTML output method, which is designed on the assumption that the input isn't XHTML.

It can be suppressed using <xsl:output include-content-type="no"/>.

Michael Kay
Saxonica