Re: [xsl] xpath problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath problem
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:12:50 +0000
On 07/02/2012 14:00, ram wrote:
Hi,
      I was trying to do xpath like following.

<xsl:variable name='abc' select="normalize-space($var1/*[local-name()='source']/text())"/>

the $var1 contains a node set something like this.

when i run the above line i am not getting any result. is there anything wrong with the statement.

It's hard to debug problems when all you know is that the input is "something like this" - solving programming problems requires accurate detail.

My guess would be that $var is actually the document node that contains <plan> as a child element, in which case you need to select down an extra level.

Michael Kay
Saxonica