Re: [xsl] What name would you give this function?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What name would you give this function?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 00:21:17 +0000
On 09/02/2012 00:04, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
So, the definition of f is this sequence: items[1], f(items[position() gt 1] union g(items[1])

What name would you call this function? I want something more descriptive than " f "

If I created an object by nailing four pieces of wood together, I would name it according to the purpose of the artefact: why do I think four pieces of wood nailed together in this particular way would be useful to anyone? For example, I might call it a wine rack if it were well suited to that purpose.

You've described a function in terms of how you implemented it, but you haven't given us any clues as to what it might be good for, and that's what makes it hard to name.

Michael Kay
Saxonica