RE: [xsl] RE: String conversion problem when string is large

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: String conversion problem when string is large
From: "Bulgrien, Kevin" <Kevin.Bulgrien@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:25:42 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Trenda [mailto:Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:12 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's a template I just recently rewrote, to use bisection instead of forward
recursion. You can probably easily retool it to do your hex-to-dec logic
instead of the string-replace that it does now.

<snip>

-----

Thanks.

Just before I posted the original note I had about come to the conclusion that
I needed to try a divide-and-conquer approach, but my first attempt failed to
effectively sub-divide the problem set.  You've probably made the next attempt
much more likely to succeed.

Kevin Bulgrien

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD
Corporate Policy 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized
personnel of General Dynamics and approved service providers.  Use, storage
and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies.
Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to
the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original
message.