Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:05:45 +0200
Thanks Tony, that is really nice!

Same output (at bottom, besides XML-declaration).
Did run this on a 2.2GHz i7 processor, while naxos.xsl was running java
process had between 160% and 224% CPU utilization, which is reflected in
real vs user time.

As next step I wanted to see, whether naxos.xsl can run naxos.xsl ... :-)
But I got stopped at this very littly sample, further efforts seem
worthless:

$ cat ab.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml" href="double.xsl"?>
$
$ cat double.xsl
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:template match="/">
   <out>
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
   </out>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
$
$ java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -a ab.xml ; echo
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><out><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml"
$
$ java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet ab.xml ../naxos.xsl ; echo
<out></out>
$

naxos sample execution:
$ time java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet user.xml ../naxos.xsl
    as a resident of Germany,
    to review our new software package.</p>
real	0m6.360s
user	0m11.512s
sys	0m0.157s
$
$ time java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -a user.xml
    as a resident of Germany,
    to review our new software package.</p>
real	0m0.274s
user	0m0.377s
sys	0m0.031s
$

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
https://twitter.com/#!/HermannSW/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen