Re: [xsl] where did doc-available() come from?

Subject: Re: [xsl] where did doc-available() come from?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:15:03 -0400
At 2012-05-21 10:08 -0700, you wrote:
In my 2004 version of XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference by Kay, which I've been using for many years, there is no doc-available() function. I have recently seen mention of this function in forums, and it sounded very useful, but it confused me because I'd never heard of it. But in my Kindle version of the same book copyrighted 2008, it has doc-available(). Was this added to the spec between '04 and '08? I've been missing out.

January 2007:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#func-doc-available

I hope this helps.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012 Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal