Re: [xsl] New XSLT 3.0 Working Draft

Subject: Re: [xsl] New XSLT 3.0 Working Draft
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:04:30 +0100
Will there be an open source version of Saxon covering 3.0 Michael,
presumably the HE variant?

No decisions yet. I will wait to see what happens in terms of conformance profiles, whether there is a natural subdivision of the spec that maps to product levels. I agree it's important to enable the non-paying part of the community to move forward, as they have a lot of influence on uptake.

I'm also keeping my options open in terms of support for 2.0 in future product releases (other than as a subset of 3.0). At present you only get 3.0 features if you explicitly ask, but it's becoming a bit of a pain maintaining two modes of operation, especially minor details like format-date() returning different error codes depending on whether 3.0 is enabled.

Michael Kay
Saxonica