Re: [xsl] XPath element constructor

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath element constructor
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:02:55 -0400
Is there somewhere where you think you can use:

<xsl:sequence ...>

... but where you cannot use in its place:

<my-cool-element>foo</my-cool-element>

?

I think not.

And while the function does allow you to return the same sequence multiple times, you start your post with the consideration of XPath having constructors.

The <xsl:sequence> is available to you in an element context when you want to use XPath to build something rather than using XSLT and XML to build something. Hence, XPath doesn't need a constructor to do what I think you were trying first to do.

Does this help?