Re: [xsl] position last and attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] position last and attributes
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:53:39 +0100
>> The fact the order of attributes cannot be guaranteed has nothing to
>> do with position() and last(), as by the time those functions get to
>> be used the order of the node list is known.
>>

> My initial post (if you read it again) was to highlight the paradox of
> being able to apply ordering semantics to something that is
> intrinsically unordered.

There's nothing to highlight...

- attribute order is not guaranteed: this just means 2 different
conformant implementations could return attributes in different orders
to each other (or theoretically even themselves)

- position() returns the position of a node within a node list, last()
returns the last node in a node list

The two things are unrelated (or orthogonal! knew I would use that
word one day...)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com