RE: [xsl] Why does the doc() function reject non-ASCII characters in the filename?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Why does the doc() function reject non-ASCII characters in the filename?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:12:00 +0000
Thank you very much Ken and Gerrit -- awesome!

Because of your help I have solved the problem.

Here's what I did:

To read in the list of filenames I was using unparsed-text like so:

     <xsl:variable name="text" select="unparsed-text('all-files.txt',
'utf-8')"/>

I changed it from 'utf-8' to 'iso-8859-1' like so:

    <xsl:variable name="text" select="unparsed-text('all-files.txt',
'iso-8859-1')"/>

Then, in my loop to process each filename I checked for doc-available like
so:

            <xsl:choose>
                <xsl:when test="doc-available(encode-for-uri($filename))">
                    <xsl:variable name="file"
select="doc(encode-for-uri($filename))" />

                    <!-- Process the file -->

                </xsl:when>
            </xsl:choose>

That works great.