Re: [xsl] Template for node-set parents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Template for node-set parents
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:27:24 +0100
Try:

1. define a global variable $v1 that selects the result of the path expression in document order.

2. define another global variable $v2 that selects the sorted result of the path expression

3. Use a base template rule that's the identity copy

4. Add a template rule that matches nodes in $v1 (match="node()[. intersect $v1]). In this rule, determine the index position of this node in $v1 (count ($v1[. << $this]) + 1), and output the corresponding node from $v2 (copy-of select="$v2[$n]").

Michael Kay
Saxonica