RE: [xsl] deduplicating information in XML files

Subject: RE: [xsl] deduplicating information in XML files
From: Robby Pelssers <Robby.Pelssers@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:00:26 +0200
Hi people,

Good news.  I just wrapped up this requirement.

I managed to
- merge topics with same body into 1 topic
- rewrite the topicrefs to point to the newly created merged topics
- merged maps if they have same subtitle and topicrefs
- export a flat text file containing linking info.

That linking info was needed to correct the current situation in a scripted
way (Alfresco). E.g.
[mapId].zip [productId1];[ProductId2];...

The merged maps have timestamp based names as they no longer 1-on-1 map to a
single product.

vp_2N7002.zip 2N7002
vp_1350996120783.zip 2N7002AK;ON5257;ON5258;ON5520

As a bonus.. it's blazingly fast ;-)

So I followed the same approach as Wendell described.

I first generated all maps and topics to the filesystem.
Next I managed to do the complete merging in memory  using Apache Cocoon
pipelines which as a side effect exported the files with the correct DocType.

Thx for the great input,
Robby