Re: [xsl] Re: XPath as a stand-alone programming language

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: XPath as a stand-alone programming language
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:31:04 -0700
As Andrew already added,

almost all programming languages have some analogue of .NET's

   XNode.XPathEvaluate()

And *if* the supported version of XPath is 3.0 (or the latest one) --
then we have it.

As Liam noted, another good to have feature in XPath would be
namespace definition support and probably ways for defining the
initial context.

Cheers,

Dimitre

--