Re: [xsl] How can I preserve ASCII Encoding Character Sets?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How can I preserve ASCII Encoding Character Sets?
From: Philip Vallone <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:54:33 -0500
Thank You Michael and Ken,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on numerical character references. I want
to preserve &#160; or &#xA0; as  &#160; or &#xA0;. Currently, as an example,
&#160; will output into my resulting file as a space, but when the resulting
xsl file is used to transform the xml file to FO it prints out a bad character
"E". I have nailed down the issue to when I convert my stylesheet into one.

I hope this explains my issue. I appreciate all the help.

Regards,

Phil

On Nov 6, 2012, at 4:37 PM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've no idea what an "ASCII Encoding Character Set" is - do you perhaps mean
you want to preserve the particular representation of the non-breaking space
character using the numeric character reference '&#x00A0;'?

> If so, why? And how precisely do you want it preserved? Would '&#xA0;' be
OK? What about '&#160;'?

> I'm a bit surprised that you should want at the same time to obfuscate your
code and to retain irrelevant details of its visual representation. Perhaps
I've misunderstood.