[xsl] [XSLT 3.0] A more efficient way to xsl:evaluate a bunch of XPath expressions against an XML document?

Subject: [xsl] [XSLT 3.0] A more efficient way to xsl:evaluate a bunch of XPath expressions against an XML document?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:01:53 +0000
Hi Folks,

I have a bunch of xpath expressions stored in a file, xpaths.xml

I want to evaluate each of them against an XML document.

Here's how I implemented it:

    <xsl:variable name="xpaths" select="doc('xpaths.xml')" />

    <xsl:template match="Document">
        <xsl:variable name="here" select="." />
        <xsl:for-each select="$xpaths//xpath">
            <xsl:variable name="xpath" select="." />
            <xsl:for-each select="$here">
                <xsl:evaluate xpath="$xpath" as="xs:boolean" />
            </xsl:for-each>
        </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>

I don't like that solution. Notice that I have a for-loop that spins through
each xpath expression. Then, in that for-loop I have an inner for-loop that
resets the context to the XML document. And in there is the xsl:evaluate
statement. This seems like an awful way to implement it.

Is there a better (simpler, more efficient) way to implement this?

/Roger