Re: [xsl] Word Ladders as an example of a "Find shortest path between two nodes in a graph" problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Word Ladders as an example of a "Find shortest path between two nodes in a graph" problem
From: Chris Maloney <voldrani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:07:28 -0500
That sounds a little bit like a breadth-first tree search I just did
recently in XQuery.  I haven't looked at Dimitre's example in detail,
so apologies if this is way off-base.  My routine examined a DTD, and,
given a set of elements that could be document root elements, found
all of the xml elements in the DTD that were reachable:
https://github.com/NCBITools/DtdAnalyzer/blob/master/test/find-unreachable.xqy.
 It turned out to be surprisingly short, and worked quite well over a
set on the order of 10^2.  Not sure if it would hold up processing a
long word list, but actually, I don't see why not.