Re: [xsl] randomly selecting a node from a node set

Subject: Re: [xsl] randomly selecting a node from a node set
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 19:32:31 -0500
At 2013-01-05 19:18 -0500, Graydon wrote:
What I don't know how to do is randomly select elements from the elements
available in the appropriate node set.
I don't want _all_ the possible text element patterns; I just want one.  But I
certainly don't always want to get the first one, either.
Anyone got suggestions as to how one picks a random node out of a node
sequence?

Does your processor support this community-defined extension?

   http://www.exslt.org/random/functions/random-sequence/index.html
   http://www.exslt.org/random/

I hope this helps.

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal