Re: [xsl] Does 'Lec?ur' occur in $text ? Do you have a multi-fa ctor XPath solution?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does 'Lec?ur' occur in $text ? Do you have a multi-fa ctor XPath solution?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:30:45 -0500
At 2013-01-18 18:54 -0500, Louis-Dominique Dubeau wrote:
On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 17:17 -0500, G. Ken Holman wrote:
> >2. Perhaps instead of the 'B' ligature, $text uses 'oe'
>
> Use normalize-unicode() on both operands.

I did not think it would work, so I created a test and indeed it does
not work. There's a good reason for this: generally speaking the single
letter  and the two letters oe are not equivalent. Reading the Unicode
documentation for u0153 confirms that  has no decomposition.

Thank you! It was a naove assumption on my part. Please forgive my haste in jumping to a conclusion. I appreciate that you were able to demonstrate with a working illustration.

So, is "" not a ligature or is it just that
Unicode does not provide a decomposition?

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal