[xsl] date:seconds template implementation

Subject: [xsl] date:seconds template implementation
From: Raimund Kammering <raimund.kammering@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:20:46 +0100
Hi,

I need to sum up a number of ISO 8601 duration values using Xalan 2.7.0. SO I
guess the best way to do so would be to convert this ISO 8601 duration string
to seconds, sum up all values and translate this back to a ISO 8601 duration
string.
I found the function implementation doing the ISO 8601 duration to seconds
(date:seconds) of EXSLT to do exactly what I need, but unfortunately is this
not implemented in Xalan (and YES, I need to stick to Xalan)! So I wonder if
there isn't a template version of this function around which does this?

Regards,

Raimund Kammering