Re: [xsl] XSLT 2013 survey

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2013 survey
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:10:22 -0500
On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 10:49 -0800, Hank Ratzesberger wrote:

>  What applications exist that take advantage of XML/XSLT and the
> related technologies?

Some of the largest applications I'm aware of are actually Web sites, or
Web apps, such as eBay (where, at one point, they had over a million
lines of XSLT and were replacing at least some of it with XQuery).

At one point Google Maps relied on XSLT, which was enough to force at
least one commercial Web browser vendor to start including XSLT support.
>From that point of view the users of Web browsers would have said XSLT
support was a must-have feature, although really they meant they wanted
Google maps to work on their browser...

> Well, back to work mapping SQL to objects to XML to HTML and then
> manipulating that with JavaScript. ;)

XQuery In the Browser?

Liam