[xsl] Re: Getting info of runtime failure in saxon environment

Subject: [xsl] Re: Getting info of runtime failure in saxon environment
From: Karlmarx R <karlmarxr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:25:03 +0800 (SGT)
Thanks Wendell. To answer your quesions, para wise:
(A) They will use browser
for basic well-formedness and this is not an issue. But the requirement is to
identify where the problem lies within xml.

(B) Yes, this is the issue, to
get better feedback. They get the input XML from oracle. Some internal oracle
function does the data extraction and forms the XML. A unix based cron job
does this overnight (i don't have much info but can get if needed). After that
that input (which may not be WELL-FORMED) is supposed to go thru
transformation in xsl-saxon (on unix) and here the failure won't five that
much clue.

What I do know is that at times the data comes with some "chars"
that makes the XML not well formed. I have asked them whether they can do some
basic cleaning(?) during the data extraction within oracle function. This
seems to be the best wayto me, but at the same time would like to know the
possibilities of:
 (1) if saxon failure can give some additional info that
"line num so on so" is incorrect ot whatever, along with the error msg it
gets. This I understand is not possible from your prev reply. So.. [OR]
 (2)
okay after seeing the failure, they open that in some tools(?, currently it is
browser) which points them  "line num so on so" is incorrect so that they open
it in notepad++ sort of text editor and look into that to fix!!. so

(C) Pls
can you recommend some lightweight XML editors that they can use / try to
detect the error in xml in the above scenario?

Thanks,
Karl