Re: [xsl] Support for lookaround regexp in XSLT -- any time soon?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Support for lookaround regexp in XSLT -- any time soon?
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:39:59 -0500
On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 03:11 +0000, Manuel Souto Pico wrote:
> Thank you, Liam.
>
> I will have a look at the W3C Bugzilla and will try to add a feature
> request.

Cool. The worst that can happen is someone can tell you it' already
there, or that we won't do it in this version :)  Your "bug"/request
should be filed against XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators in this
case, because that's where replace() and matches() are defined.

>  It's good that it's so relatively easy to have features
> included in the language.
W3C Process requires Working Groups to consider all public comments.

Of course, they might turn round and say "no" :-)

> The reason why this is needed is to be able to find all kinds patterns
> in XML files, as a kind of linguistic quality control. Lack of
> lookaround assertions is a serious limitation when using XSLT to
> generate reports based on the input XML document.

Actually I 100% agree, I use them in other languages.

Liam