Re: [xsl] 3D XSLT - Experience and Feedback Welcome

Subject: Re: [xsl] 3D XSLT - Experience and Feedback Welcome
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:33:46 +0000
On 19/03/2013 11:41, Eric Brichemier wrote:
Hi,

This is an attempt to formalize my experience with a design pattern
that I call 3D XSLT, which consists in feeding an extra document to
the transformation with elements that carry no information but their
name, for the sole purpose of rule-based matching. I'd be glad to
gather feedback and alternatives to this approach.

Interesting. It occurs to me that it isn't that dissimilar from the approach used by Dimitre Novatchev in building FXSL. And I think there's probably a point at which the mode/template model runs out of steam and you want to start using maps of function items - essentially XSLT 3.0's implementation of an Object.

Michael Kay
Saxonica