Re: [xsl] Cannot write more than one result document to the same URI

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cannot write more than one result document to the same URI
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 19:27:13 -0700
It may be but there are aspects of a procedural language in XSLT. I don't mind it catching the error that I truly have 2 different streams that haven't completed writing their output to a file, but why kill the other situation?

..dan

At 06:53 PM 4/4/2013, you wrote:
On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 16:46 -0700, Dan Vint wrote:
> I guess what I'm expecting is that the result document is closed once
> the </xslt:result-document> end tag is found.

This is a procedural do-this-then-that way of looking at XSLT.

However, XSLT stylesheets can be evaluated in any order, as long as the
end result meets the spec. XSLT is not a first-this-then-that language.

In addition, the XSLT stylesheet is read into memory and parsed long
before it's executed, so finding an end tag just marks the boundary of a
node in a tree.

Hope this helps.

Liam

Panoramic Photography