Re: [xsl] Namespace for reconstituted HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Namespace for reconstituted HTML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:23:55 +0100
On 24/04/2013 07:36, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
I am downloading loading webpages and munging the markup.  I strip
off the HTML namespace as part of the munging process but now I have
a requirement to reconstitute the HTML.

Can I leave the html unnamespaced or is it ok or  necessary to just
stick in an xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; (or some other)
declaration

That appears to be an html question not an xslt one, so this is a _very_ marginal question for this list.

HTML does not have namespaces.

If you are generating HTML 4 or earlier any xmlns attribute is invalid.
If you are generating HTML5 or later
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; is valid but ignored.

David