Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon 9.5

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 features in Saxon 9.5
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:01:33 +0100
On 25 Apr 2013, at 07:36, davep wrote:

> On 24/04/13 18:29, Michael Kay wrote:
>> I thought that some of you who like to stay close to the bleeding edge
might like to try out some of the new XSLT 3.0 features implemented in Saxon
9.5.

> Is 9.5 fully compliant to the spec now Mike? As it currently stands?

XPath 3.0 is now very stable, there's a very complete test suite, and Saxon is
100% conformant (well, it was last Thursday; there's always a trickle of spec
bugs and Saxon bugs that makes that figure oscillate between 99.99% and
100%).

XSLT 3.0 has not yet reached that level of stability. There are some parts
Saxon doesn't implement at all yet (notably the "packaging" features), there
are some parts where Saxon hasn't caught up with the latest changes, and there
some parts where Saxon implements features or changes to features that the WG
hasn't published yet. It's a work in progress.

Michael Kay
Saxonica