Re: [xsl] XTTE1100: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the @group-adjacent attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] XTTE1100: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the @group-adjacent attribute
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:55:42 -0500
At 2013-05-13 01:50 +0100, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
I am getting the above error on the following line of code

<xsl:for-each-group select="*" group-adjacent="data(
descendant::*/local-name())">

I originally tried it without wrapping it in the data function and
have also tried casting it to string (where I get a different but
similar answer).

I'm sure there is a simple answer out there.

Yes, both the data() function the group-adjacent= attribute are each expecting a singleton evaluation and you are supplying a sequence expression that returns more than a singleton value.

The expression is evaluated from the context of the member of the population being grouped. The expression descendant::*/local-name() returns a sequence of strings being the local name of all of the descendant elements of each element of the population. The error message is quite explicit in what is wrong.

What is it you are trying to do?

I hope this helps.

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training | Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm | Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ | G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about | Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |