Re: [xsl] SASS and RWD

Subject: Re: [xsl] SASS and RWD
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 10:30:28 +0100
> XLST for frontEnd?
> If not, it appears to me and with dismay, that XSLT continually misses
> getting taken up as a main stream presentation layer technology.

The presentation layer is usually done in a presentation based
language... which xslt may or may not be involved with creating.

There's nothing in xslt itself to do with presentation or layout.

> Maybe one day XSLT will have its day in the front end sun but and maybe I
> am

Have a look at Saxon CE for an entirely new way of working on the
front end - it really is something completely different.  It uses xslt
as a kind of replacement for javascript, where event handlers are
defined in template match patterns, and dom manipulation is done using
xsl:result-document.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com