[xsl] codepoints-to-string for new line

Subject: [xsl] codepoints-to-string for new line
From: "Heiko Niemann" <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 01:04:23 +0200
Hello,

whenever I searched for a way to insert a line break using the output text
method I basically just found samples either with & #10; or a line break
inside a xsl:text element. Those work as long as you don't do pretty print
or your editor at some point transforms & #10; to space. Anyhow while
flipping thru a well known XSLT/XPath reference codepoints-to-string()
crossed my way - and solved the problem. So that makes me wonder:

a) Is there a good reason/scenario why/when not to use this function for a
line break?

b) Are there just no (top-rated) samples around because
codepoints-to-string() belongs to an extended set of functions that people
(like me) rarely/never use?

Thanks for hints,
Heiko