Re: [xsl] enclosing consecutive XHTML heading elements into <hgroup />, etc.

Subject: Re: [xsl] enclosing consecutive XHTML heading elements into <hgroup />, etc.
From: Ivan Shmakov <oneingray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:31:36 +0000

 > Not really a comment on xslt but as I understand it the hgroup
 > element has been removed from the HTML 5.0 CR specification.
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Apr/0003.html

	ACK, thanks for the pointer.  I guess that I didnbt check the
	latest CR in this regard, even though the previous one noted
	that the elementbs bat risk.b

 > Shame really, because it has real semantic use.

	Indeed.  I still hope that the outline algorithm itself wonbt
	repeat itbs fate.

	That being said, itbs my understanding that HTML5 processors are
	required to be lenient towards bunknownb elements, which means
	that even being undesirable, such an element shouldnbt cause
	problems in practice.  (Except with validation, that is.)

--
FSF associate member #7257