Re: [xsl] Re:Re: [xsl] xsl-fo: fo:floats stay with prev element and next

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re:Re: [xsl] xsl-fo: fo:floats stay with prev element and next
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:33:48 -0400
At 2013-09-30 14:07 -0400, Bryon Thomas wrote:
Thanks Ken, that worked well. Although now I'm quandary.
i have <images> inside <p> tags which together are keyrefs to a main map.

The images float right, which is great.
when structure is:
<xsl:when test="@outputclass= 'noboxright' "
1 <fo:block>
2 <fo:float float=end intrusion-displace=block>
3 <xsl:call=template name="commonattributes"/>
4 <fo:block>
5 <xsl:apply templates select="." mode="placeImage">....

The <ol> is placed right after a nearly page size <image
placement=break> image. When printed, the 1st <li><p> will appear at
the bottom of the page, and push the float image to the second <li>,
the second image to the third <li> etc.
 I want the <li> with <p> keyrefs to stay together. If I place keep
attributes in fo:block (4), the keeps won't change the problem.
If I put keeps on fo:block (1), it ignores the float=end rule on 2.

Does this make sense?

I can read what you've written, but I'm surprised it is ignoring the float. Did you use keep-together.within-column= which would be better than just keep-together= because of the scope of influence of the attribute?

I recommend you perform your transform to create your XSL-FO result, and then hack the result until you get the properties the way that will work for you. That will tell you what the end result of the properties need to be, and that will direct you how to change your transformation.

Good luck!

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |