Re: [xsl] Any students looking for an interesting project?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Any students looking for an interesting project?
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:57:43 +0100 (IST)
On Thu, October 3, 2013 12:30 pm, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> One of my colleagues has written a code coverage plugin for Saxon; he
> calls it "tectura."  It counts up the number of times different lines of
> an XSLT file are executed. I think this empirical approach could get you
> a quick answer to the problem without the need for deep analysis.  He
> has been planning to release the package as open source, but I don't
> think he has done that yet -- still I'm sure you could whip something
> up, and I bet your users would appreciate it, too.

XSpec has had a coverage report facility for a while [1][2] that (probably
similarly) uses a Saxon debugging output to work up a list of visited
lines in the source stylesheet.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C

[1] https://code.google.com/p/xspec/wiki/GettingStarted
[2] http://www.menteithconsulting.com/wiki/TestingXSLT/XSpec