Re: [xsl] XSL-FO to PDF conversion speed

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO to PDF conversion speed
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 02:52:58 -0400
On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 10:00 +0200, Jesper Tverskov wrote:

> To my surprize, RenderX was not faster than FOP.
>
> Antenna House on the other hand is very fast.

Don't take this to be true of all possible inputs, of course :-)

But when you have performance problems it's often worth experimenting
with different tools, if nothing else to understand the problem space
better.

FOP calls out to an external program (or library) to render SVG; using a
barcode font instead might also resolve that issue.

Liam