Re: [xsl] Off Topic : XSLT Jobs in USA

Subject: Re: [xsl] Off Topic : XSLT Jobs in USA
From: David Sewell <dsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Alexander Johannesen wrote:

[...]
Let me put it this way; XSLT is a nice to have rather than a must-have
on every single job I've ever had.

I'm part of a 3-person department where XSLT is a must-have skill for every one of us. Reason being that our entire workflow depends on various pipelines that transform document XML from one schema or format to another, both in preprocessing and in online Web delivery. For example, the website founders.archives.gov as designed is extremely reliant on XSLT 2.0/3.0 as implement in Saxon and MarkLogic. It all could have been done with different technologies, of course, but for large sets of semi-structured documents XSLT/XQuery are the most natural environment.

DS

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA
Email: dsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Tel: +1 434 924 9973