[xsl] Re: xsl 2.0?

Subject: [xsl] Re: xsl 2.0?
From: Charlie <charlieo0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:20:39 -0500
I've followed this thread with great interest.

I'm the in-house XML Developer for a large US defense company. XSL-FO is used extensively in military technical publishing. We have complex documents with extensive cross referencing and strict pagination requirements. I cannot see CSS ever supporting those requirements. There are some MIL-STD specifications that XSL-FO does not support either. The government has actually had to update the specifications because of the lack of FO support for requirements. I was disappointed to read about the lack of support in the XSL-FO 2.0 working group. I agree with Ken Holman that XSL-FO 1.2 may be more in order. In my industry we have a great need for the ability to create continued headers for tasks or sections, similar to how table-markers work in 1.1.

Charlie O