Re: [xsl] Streaming best practice: no user-defined functions with node parameters ... Do you agree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Streaming best practice: no user-defined functions with node parameters ... Do you agree?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:58:32 +0000
On 15 Nov 2013, at 14:30, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But does it mean we won't be able (when
> streaming) to call functions even with temporary trees or snapshots?

In the current draft (which we're working hard to get the final bugs out
of...) we've re-introduced a kind of data-flow analysis that enables us to
distinguish statically whether the node being passed to a function is a
streamed node or not. There's no problem with passing "ordinary" nodes to a
function (or template) parameter, it's only streamed nodes that are
problematic.

Michael Kay
Saxonica