Re: [xsl] XSLT streaming: the processor "remembers" things as it descends the XML tree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT streaming: the processor "remembers" things as it descends the XML tree?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:04:12 -0500
Michael M-H, yes, you are right. Tables are a beast, and if you nest
them you will get lots of extra levels "for free".

Another example is MathML. I wonder what David C will see with that stylesheet.

On the other hand (with apologies) these counter-examples might serve
as demonstrations of the principle as much as they disprove it. It
depends on what we mean by "pathological" and whether mixing
vocabularies, or specialized data structures with heavy semantics
(such as table layout or math) necessarily take us into that
territory. :-)

Michael Sokolov --- this is totally a Balisage topic. I think it has
to do with XML's roots as a markup language (something a bit different
from a serialization for a data structure).

end tags for you (assuming you are configured properly to support
this, of course). Whether it saw the 'a' elements as serial, or
nested, would depend on your content model for 'a'.

Cheers, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables