Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon/C - Saxon for the C/C++ and PHP platforms

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon/C - Saxon for the C/C++ and PHP platforms
From: O'Neil Delpratt <oneil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:30:47 +0000
On 29/11/13 14:01, Tony Graham wrote:
Which is to say that you wouldn't want to emulate the libxslt functions
that take a xsltStylesheetPtr, but you could cover a lot of cases by
having similar functions that just take a filename or a xmlDoc for the
stylesheet and keep the other parameters more or less the same.

I think we have followed this viewpoint, please see the API of the XsltTransformer class:

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/doc/html/classXsltProcessor.html

Here we have similar methods to libxslt to execute a stylesheet. However, the results we can return are a string, a file or as a XdmValue (Saxon API). This was driven somewhat by the PHP interface.

You also couldn't usefully fake a xsltTransformContext [15] either. I've only used that in anger for extension functions/elements, and they wouldn't work with Saxon/C anyway.
Yes, probably wouldn't work.

One thing we do in Saxon/C is have set methods for setting properties and parameters on the stylesheet.

Should we take this to the Saxon list before we're asked to take it off this list?
I have cc the Saxon list

--
O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited