Re: [xsl] Efficient way to do an identity transform, eliminating duplicate elements, in XSLT 1.0?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Efficient way to do an identity transform, eliminating duplicate elements, in XSLT 1.0?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:58:22 -0800
Ivan,

>         As for the problem stated, Ibd start with a SAX parser for a
>         J. Random Language (be it Prolog, Perl, Basic, or Common Lisp),
>         and proceed from there.  It may depend on how the bduplicatesb
>         are defined, but I see nothing in the problem to make it
>         unsolvable on bnot-so-decentb hardware.

My argument is that you are still being paid for your time doing this
-- while the problem becomes *non-existent* (in 99.99% of all cases,
which for many companies is 100%) when people have decent computers.

So, this is a matter of a good management decision and shouldn't
involve additional programmer effort.

Both sides are happy: the management saves big, and the programmers
get involved in more interesting problems. :)

Cheers,
Dimitre

--
Cheers,