Re: [xsl] <xsl:apply-imports/> with select attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:apply-imports/> with select attribute
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 07:31:44 -0800
In case you are using XSLT 2.0, wouldn't <xsl:next-match> be useful?

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Christian Mahnke
<cmahnke.sub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>>
>> What would you want this construct to actually do?
>
> My use case is as follows: Ibve got a master template, in which the
template @match="/" contains a <xsl:for-each/> over a collection(). Inside the
loop I would like to call templates from imported stylesheets, that are
designed to handle single documents. Additionally they havenbt be designed
to run together with other templates, so they contain no @mode attribute on
their template @match="/".

> This way the calls to <xsl:apply-templates select=".b/> (where . is a
document node from the collection) doesnbt match the root template of the
imported stylesheet, but the root template of the master stylesheet, which
causes a unwanted loop.

> Ibm just looking for a way to be able to give the imported stylesheets a
higher priority when Ibm looping to a collection of files.

> Best,
> Christian
>
>> apply-imports means "process the current node using the template that would
have matched if this one didn't". It's hard to see what that could mean when
processing a different node, i.e. one that doesn't necessarily match the
current template rule.

>> Michael Kay
>> Saxonica
>>
>> On 19 Dec 2013, at 11:07, Christian Mahnke <cmahnke.sub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>> Hi list,
>>> is there a way (in XSLT 2.0) to get a mix of <xsl:apply-templates
select="document($file)b/> and <xsl:apply-imports/>? Something like
<xsl:apply-imports select="document($file)b/>

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------