[xsl] How to avoid adding defaulted attributes

Subject: [xsl] How to avoid adding defaulted attributes
From: Mark Giffin <m1879@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 16:53:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I am running an identity transform on some files and changing a few things as they pass through. They are DITA XML files and their DTDs have defaulted attributes that do not appear in the instance files. But during the transform the defaulted attributes are added in on elements that I do not explicitly handle with XSLT templates. I can stop this behavior by commenting out the doctypes, but is there a way to do this with some setting? I'm using Saxon PE 9.4.0.6.

Thanks,
Mark