Re: [xsl] Does the count() function require access to the whole subtree?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does the count() function require access to the whole subtree?
From: Piotr Bański <bansp@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:23:44 +0100
Hi Dimitre,

I have no problem with what you say, because what you are doing is metonymically identifying a node with its string representation. So you're talking about span containment vs. span overlap (in the other cases, mentioned before). Nesting, perhaps by virtue of its lexical origin, associates in my mind with trees more readily ;-) but, yeah, the way you present it, it's much more palatable. Thanks for the explanation.

Best,

Piotr