Re: [xsl] XML Preprocessing and XSLT Processing Models

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML Preprocessing and XSLT Processing Models
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:49:07 -0800
At 2014-02-15 15:08 +0000, Adam wrote:
XSL Working Group,
Argumentation Community Group,

Greetings. There has been interest in dynamic or parameterizable XSLT imports and includes.
advanced functionalities are possible from parallel processing

This surprises me.

Is not the inherent structure of XML (e.g. sibling elements) and template matching model of XSLT (e.g. sibling rules) sufficient for parallelism?

XML preprocessing, XML macros (https://www.w3.org/community/argumentation/wiki/XML_Macros) and XSLT-enhanced XML includes (https://www.w3.org/community/argumentation/wiki/XSLT-Enhanced_XML_Include), facilitates such expressiveness.

None of the example instances in either of those linked documents are well-formed XML. The use of brace brackets in element names is forbidden.

How does it help the general markup community introducing yet another non-XML syntax that might confuse new users of XML? If it isn't XML, I think it should not look like XML.