RE: [xsl] Unicode characters being replaced with ??

Subject: RE: [xsl] Unicode characters being replaced with ??
From: "Lizzi, Vincent" <Vincent.Lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:03:09 +0000
Possibly somewhere you were relying on a character encoding default setting
that changed in one of the upgrades you mentioned. There are many places where
character encoding may be configured or have a default setting.

Setting the output encoding of the stylesheet to US-ASCII or ISO646-US should
cause the HTML output to use Unicode character references, which will normally
work correctly in browsers even when character encoding isn't set properly.
Try:

<xsl:output encoding="ISO646-US" method="html"/>

Or

<xsl:output encoding="US-ASCII" method="html"/>

ISO646-US is more specific, US-ASCII is more commonly recognized, but they are
very similar.

I hope this helps.

Vincent